After my month-long hiatus to focus on life, it's good to get back into my reading schedule. While I was away I re-listened to the Harry Potter books during my commute to work so be prepared for some official reviews on those coming up! I was rereading the series in advance of the release of "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" - have you read it yet?? What were your thoughts? See my spoiler-free review here. Once the play has been out a little longer, I am planning on doing a deep dive on my thoughts.
What else have I been up to?
- Studying! I am thinking about going back to school and have been studying like a fiend for the standardized entrance exam.
- Watching the Olympics of course! I haven't been able to watch as much as I'd like with my study schedule, but I've certainly been hitting up the highlights whenever I can. I think this year there has been more coverage of some of the smaller sports, but perhaps that's just selective memory.
- Re-reading the archive slice of life webcomic "The Devil's Panties", which is a great couple minute escape when I can't committ to getting into a book. It's a comic about everyday life, frustrations of moving and lots of great nerd content. No, it's not what the title sounds like.
Of course since I have been too busy to keep up with reading, I've been spending too much time adding books to the "To Be Read" pile. My most recent additions are:
- "The Young Elites" by Marie Lu - mysterious fever, new abilities? Right up my alley
- "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo - I LOVE the minimalists and friends have been recommending this one for ages. Finally went ahead and got it when it was on sale.
- "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking" by Susan Cain - I'm reading this one as part of my book club on Habitica. It seems to be prompting a lot of discussion so I'm looking forward to it!
- "Six of Crows" by Leign Bardugo - I haven't read any of the books in this world, but this one looks amazing! Sort of a fantasy "Ocean's Eleven"
What are the books you've been digging into?