It's finally getting a little colder at home and I can't be more thrilled to finally see some snow! We're going to need a lot more in the mountains if we're going to actually have a ski season (big deal in Colorado).
What have I been up to?
- Squeeeing visiting Disney World with my family. I did a 5k walk with my mom and ran a few races on my own! It's pretty awesome to experience the parks with a munchkin in tow (I borrowed my nephew).
- This month I finally go around to trying some Patricia Briggs and it was a challenge to then not scrap all my reading plans and dive into the series. I've had these recommended for ages, but never got around to them!
- Making some progress on the 2016 Reading Challenge - it has definitely intorduced me to some awesome female authors. A few posted recently and a couple more upcoming!
- I went to see "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them", did you? I think they did an extremely good job with it. It's kind of nice to see a movie that didn't feel the need to match a book so there was a little more creative license for new things. Have you seen it yet?
- Reading some graphic novels! I took a break for a while, but find them a wonderful resource to mix things up. I read both "Boxers" and "Saints" and find myself continuously thinking about them... they address an area of history I was mostly ignorant on and has some very though-provoking concepts.
Book Haul: I've been resisting with Christmas coming up, but I did pick up a few from the library that I'm going to stay mum on until I've gotten a chance to take a look. There are a lot of new releases coming out this month!
Literary Thoughts: Here were some of my favorite literary articles I dug up this month!
- The World's Oldest Library: Founded by a Woman, Restored by a Woman
- Books that Writers are Most Thankful For
- A Harry Potter inspired gift idea
What are the books you've been digging into?