HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
I don’t usually do New Year’s resolutions, but this year, I’m going to make some resolutions for Reading To Distraction. For accountability, I’m posting them here! Feel free to send motivation or friendly mocking if it looks like I’m not keeping my word!
Reading To Distraction 2015 Resolutions
- Read a greater variety of genres. - Much in the style of Rachel over at The Book Eaters, I have realized that I have fallen into the habit reading books that are “easy”. And beyond the “easy” books, I will often default to a nice fantasy, romance or young adult book just because they are a quick escape from day to day life. I will not by any means stop reading these books, but much like indulging in a favorite candy – variety in my reading diet is good. As such, I am going to set a loose guideline for books:
- Sunday – “Series Sunday” – On Sundays I will write reviews of series that I have previously left a review for the first book in the series. I wouldn’t want to have three reviews in a row on the same series, as it may not be interesting to all readers. That would get quite tedious for those not interested in the series!
- Monday – “Mystery Monday” – Any Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
- Tuesday – Romance!
- Wednesday – “Wildcard Wednesday” – This will be reserved for anything that strikes my fancy such as young adult, poetry or additional fiction.
- Thursday – Non-Fiction – Biography/Art/History/Sciences
- Friday – “Figment Friday” – Fiction /Fantasy/Science-Fiction
- Saturday – “Saturday Morning Cartoons” - Comics/Graphic Novels
- Maintain daily posts whenever possible or a minimum of 3 books a week.
- I have had a great streak so far of daily book reviews, but I do not know how long I will be able to maintain this. I certainly don’t think I can read a book everyday until I quit my day job and devote all my time to reading! In the mean time, I will continue to post as often as possible. I am hoping when I drop down, that I can simply drop to 5 a week, but we’ll see.
- Reading Challenge!
- If you haven’t heard already, I’m hosting a Reading Challenge! I am VERY excited about this and am really looking forward to reading many of the books on this list. This book list is a grand total of 44 books and going back to resolution number 1, will add some easy and some challenge books.
- Guest Posts - I would like to try to have guest posts once a month on the site.
- Book Club - Maintain book club once every two months.
There may be other things that I add to my list as the year goes on, but I think this will certainly be enough to keep me busy in the upcoming months!
What are your bookish New Year Resolutions?