Do you get paid for your reviews?
Nope! These are my 100% honest opinions and I have in no way been compensated for my review. If I am given a book in exchange for a review, I make sure to denote that in the post.
How often do you update?
As often as I finish books! I am working through a backlog of previously read books so updates may be more frequent initially. My goal will be to post reviews at least three times a week.
Why haven't you reviewed book XYZ?
I haven't yet reviewed all the books I have read, but I am working through the list. If you want to see what's coming up next go Upcoming Book Reviews. If you would like to make a request, please contact me at ReadingToDistraction@gmail.com. If you are an author or publisher, please see my note below.
I disagree with your review/I think you're wrong.
That's unfortunate! I respect your right to an opinion, please respect mine as well.
Do you read XYZ genre? Why would you read XYZ genre?
I do not discriminate among books though you will notice over time that I am naturally drawn to certain genres. Often I read books based on requests of my friends. If you'd like to make a request, please contact me at ReadingToDistraction@gmail.com.
What makes you pick your next book?
I pick books based on what catches my interest - the more excited I am about a book, the quicker it will make to the top of the stack!
What are your favorite books?:
I hate this question because there are so many fantastic books out there it's hard to pick and choose. On Monday I may be in a Jane Austen mood, but on Tuesday I'd prefer Robert Heinlein. How can you compare those two?
That being said, there are certainly books I find myself reading and re-reading, which I think is the best indicator. If the book is still relevant and enjoyable at different ages it is a winner to me! I'd recommend checking out Reviews by Rating or my What's Popular page and look at "Marisa's Books Du Jour". These are the books, both old and new, that have me the most excited right now right now!
I am NOT currently accepting review requests. I have reached a backlog of reviews and would like to work through those first! I will update this when I am accepting reviews again. Feel free to still email me with review requests, however I will be unable to respond to them in the foreseeable future.
If you are interested in me reviewing your book please send me an email at ReadingToDistraction@gmail.com and include:
- Title/Author/Cover Image
- A brief summary of the book
- Any other relevant information about the book
- Whether you'd be open to a giveaway, author interview, guest post etc.
- I DO NOT necessarily read books in order! I rank books based on interest when I receive the request and then it is based on availability. If the book doesn't interest me, I'll let you know. So many books, so little time!
- I respond to all review requests. If you didn't get an email back from me within 3-4 days, it probably means the email was lost in matrix! Feel free to send me a reminder.
- I hate to say it, but may not like the book! If you are not okay with the potential for a bad review, we will not be a good fit. I will reach out to you if the book is something I immediately know I won't finish, but otherwise I reserve the right to provide my honest thoughts. I appreciate it if your response to my thoughts is gracious even if not what you were hoping for.